How can you tell if you may have stucco damage?
- Dark streaks or stains under the corners of your window
- Water drips, stains, or condensation on windows
- Dark streaks at intersection of roof and walls
- Cracking or breaking exterior
- Discoloration at the base of your window
- Moldy smell inside your home – If it has gotten to this point there are very serious issues. Mold is deceptive becuase you don’t know that there is mold until you call us…or until you have a moisture test done. The mold is there affecting your health and you don’t even know it.
- Damp or wet carpet/flooring
- Warped base trim
- Leaky windows or doors
- Missing caulking around windows
- No drip caps installed on windows or doors
- No kickout flashings installed along roof lines to diver water into gutters
- No visible weep screeds at top of foundation walls around home
Call today for information on getting an exterior moisture test on the exterior of your home. This is truly the only way to let us know of potential problems with your stucco or stone veneer on your home.
Our Protection Process:
- First we complete a comprehensive evaluation to determine if moisture is present in your home. During the evaluation process, if it is determined that there is NOT a serious problem, we can take steps to prevent further damage using PROSOCO, a sure, clean weather seal. It is a spray on coating used for minor issues.
- We then remove existing stucco and inspect wood for mold or moisture.
- Any damp or wet insulation is removed and replaced.
- Wood that is wet or damaged due to mold is also removed and replaced.
- On structually sound wood, we apply an anti-microbial paint, which kills disease causing bacteria, mold, fungi, and viruses and seals the wood, before attaching any new sheathing.
- New kick out diverters and step flashing is installed.
- A weather-resistive barrier bringing the proper balance between moisture vapor breathability and water intrusion protection is applied. This barrier can hold against any climate.
- Another weather resistive barrier is applied, ensuring maximum defense against water and moisture. (Only when we are re-installing stucco or stone veneer)
- This process is finalized with the application of a drainage mat. This creates a high capacity drainage plane and serves as a protection course. (Only when we are re-installing stucco or stone veneer)
- Your choice of new siding is applied. You have the option of applying
Stucco or Stone Veneer, James Hardie® Siding, or Vinyl Siding.
Any home, no matter how old, can be a victim to stucco failure. The smallest of cracks can allow moisture to enter your home which can then cause major issues. This moisture, if left untreated, can threaten the structure of your home and the health of your family. When water gets trapped in your house, it can rot plywood and cause black mold to grow, which can be a very expensive fix.
We offer a variety of options to refinish your home after the remediation, including but not limited to, James Hardie® siding, vinyl siding, brick, stone, stucco, etc. We want your moisture problems to be resolved as quickly as possible while providing quality work that you can be proud of.
In addition to residential homes, Main Line Remediation offers services to commercial buildings as well. No building is safe from stucco failure. We can provide a quality product and save valuable time and money during and after construction.